Find out why The Distinctive Dame is one of the most trusted and beloved wedding hair stylists in Melbourne
Being so obsessed with Vintage and retro styling, I knew that I wanted someone who shares this love and who could really give the girls the distinctive Vintage style we were after – who better than The Distinctive Dame herself?! Looking through your amazing collection of styles, I knew that you could nail it and boy did you! You were also so helpful through all of our correspondence leading up to the wedding and offered some great suggestions.
You are an absolute gem Margeaux – so warm, friendly and helpful with such exceptional talent. Everyone commented on how lovely you are and how amazing you made them feel.”
Photography by Lucy Spartalis
Alison & George
I heard about Margeaux through the vintage swing scene so I felt that she would have an authentic understanding of the era. The style we found made me feel absolutely gorgeous but still like me, which was exactly what I wanted. But it wasn’t just the hair that made me feel special, it was the whole experience of working with Margeaux.
It was like walking into a 50s salon and chatting with your best friend over a cuppa. She is sweet, enthusiastic and generous with her time and care. Her technique is fast, gentle and flawless. She *and Evie* made the preparation on the morning a wonderful, pampering experience. It was the perfect start to my special day.“
Photography by In Photography
DOWNLOAD OUR FAUX-BOB TUTORIAL
AND JOIN OUR SPECIAL VIP MAILING LIST
Hello and welcome.
Perhaps you’ve got a wedding coming up or another special event. Let’s work together to tease out the vision you have for yourself so that you can sashay into your event feeling like your most confident and badass self. There are so many pathways to confidence, looking and feeling good being one of them.
- We don’t subscribe to trends or take a cookie cutter approach to hair, makeup & beauty. Everybody is different and thus has different needs and tastes.
- We’re not going to tell you that you’re not enough and need to change.
You are whole and perfect as you are. We’re only here to celebrate you.
- We’re here to support you and nurture you throughout the process of transformation especially in the lead up to an event that might be making you a little nervous or unsettled.
- This is a collaborative process - we work together to come up with a look that’ll have you feeling unshakeable.
- We’re sensitive, intuitive and empathetic bunnies committed to creating a safe space for you to unfurl before your big event.
- This is a queer friendly and inclusive business. No matter what you identify as, know that you’ll be welcomed with open arms.
- Our services can be used for weddings, special events, pamper parties, workshops, headshots, editorial work and any other scenario for which you’d like some glamourous support.
In addition to this we also offer mobile services, travelling all over Melbourne and beyond.
Whatever your reason for visiting, you’ll always feel safe and welcome here.
This is proudly an LGBTQIA+ inclusive business